Hi bunnies! The other day I was watching one of my favorite Youtubers Meejmuse and she said something that really resonated with me. She said something along the lines of she couldn’t remember or didn’t have time to post everything she wanted. I really related to this because I have been blogging for about four years now and it is so hard to follow through on all the things you want to blog about. I have accumulated a massive beauty collection and reviewed hundreds of products but the hard part is keeping track!!
Beauty blogging is not an easy 1-2 step process. This is how it usually goes for me-
- I buy the product
- Take pictures of the packaging and the product/maybe swatch
- Use the product at least halfway
- Write down how the product feels/analysis
- Take more pictures of me actually using the product/swatch
- Edit the pictures with my watermark/crop as necessary
- Compile all pictures into the blog post and fix up my review I wrote down earlier
- Research the product online/noteworthy items
- Finish up the post with tags, editing the cover image, and scheduling the post to publish
The things that become obstacles are when it takes me a really long to use the product, when I have other blog posts and reviews to write ahead of time, when the product is complicated to write about or takes a long time to research. Time goes by, I accumulate more products, more pictures, more things to keep track of. I just don’t like putting out content that is half-assed or fake. I want to feel confident in the reviews I’m writing.
Another huge thing that is I have a million different ideas for content and trying to get all of it out at the same time is impossible. One clear example is I had a video showcasing all of my sample-sized skincare products. I named it “Part 1” because I only got to show a third of the products I had. I intended to have the second part recorded and uploaded shortly after but this did not happen. I’m not even sure I can do the second part at all because I don’t know where I put the products in my closet and I can’t find the time to film. I feel bad because I promised I’d have something and I’m not following through as well as I should.
I don’t know, these are my struggles. Life gets in the way. I am trying to be more organized.
Until next time loves,